Saturday, June 23, 2012

Clay Dings, Bronze Dings, and Copper Dings

In a combination of various design tracks I have been developing - a recent collaboration with Genea of Geneabeads along with research into tribal bead styles, and my own work in a bead style I created called "Ancient Relics", I developed a bead style I am calling "Clay Dings" (with Genea's blessing, I chose the name in homage to her famous "Wing Dings").

My first round were created in stoneware and black raven clay. Then I followed up with this design in copper and bronze clay. Here's a sneak peak...


Look for these and other Clay and Metal Dings in the coming weeks in my shop, including Copper Dings and Bronze Dings with color patina!

12 comments :

  1. Wow, I'm loving these metallic dings... and the gorgeous metallic examples in your previous post, too! Very martian! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I'm so excited the "Wing Dings" inspired you to create this very unique design! I absolutely LOVE the ones I have received from you! I have a few ideas swimming in my head(and on my bead table)! I will send over some pics when I am finished!

    xoxo <3 Genea

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!

    Dia - so good to hear from you!

    Genea - Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen these are gorgeous and now I am totally thinking of how to use these with my seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these!!!! I love tablet shapes, and I especially like the tube in the middle and the crimped looking edges on these. They make me think of ancient money or little sea creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kristen and Keirsten! I think they look like a weird sort of manta ray. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beads. Especially like the bronze and the blue-green ones <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, Karen. Its exciting to go in new directions. I look forward to seeing where your metal clay work takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see all of these in your shop, Karen. I really LOVE the tribal metal stuff you're making. I have ideas..... : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your clay dings. Soooooooo happy you made them in metal. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you - I'm dying to get back into the metal clay this week.

    ReplyDelete