Saturday, July 13, 2013

Quizzical Old Sketches...

In cleaning up my files I came across a folder of old sketches - from about 5 years ago... Many of these I posted years ago on my sketch and meditation blog Postreason. Makes me think its time to revive that old blog and start sketching...

Ocean Embracing Sun


Worlds Becoming


A series I called "Heart Buds"...


Curious swirling spiraling sea creatures...


Pod shapes and segmented forms...




View Through the Portal


Glowing Moon Flower...


Strange segmented shapes, worm holes and planets, oh my!






6 comments :

  1. I can see those forms in your jewelry components, so I'd say you're just sketching in a different medium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, K... thanks for posting them!
    Coincidentally, I had reason to look over some of my ancient notes yesterday... and, the similarity between some of your sketches and some of mine is weird.
    You should definitely revive Postreason - we can compare notes!
    BTW, love those glass tunnels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm working full time as an artist (quit my day job 6 weeks ago!), I hope to get back to Postreason and start sketching again. And yes I'd love to compare notes. I find in looking back at my old sketches that they anticipate the work I am CURRENTLY doing. So weird!

      Delete
    2. Congrats on nixing the day-job - free at last!

      Actually, when you think about it, it makes sense that stuff "from the vault" would continue to resonate... it indicates the integrity of the work - and the artist - and the meaning of ones own history.

      What's weird is coming to grips with *having* all that history! ;-)

      Delete