Friday, January 3, 2014

Crow Wisdom - AJE Component of the Month

For our Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month blog hop, Rebekah Payne of Tree Wings Studio created these fabulous Speckle Beads for us to feature in a design. I received one in gorgeous earth tones and loved it so much I was inspired to make compatible beads in ceramic to go with it.

Rebekah's bead alongside mine.

I pretty much knew the color scheme and style I wanted to use: earthy, nature-inspired, and a touch of mystery. Crow represents mystery and wisdom to me so he appears in this piece alongside Rebekah's Speckle Bead. I used a bit of batik fabric for a rustic boho look. I really like how it turned out. I am calling this "Crow Wisdom", after the bead set I made based on the same theme.


Join in the blog hop fun to see other designs using Rebekah's Speckle Bead component:

Guest Designers:
Ann - Bead Love
Melissa - Bead Recipes

Art Jewelry Elements Team:
Rebekah - Tree Wings Studio
Kristen - My Bead Journey
Caroline - BlueberriBeads
Susan - Sue Beads

16 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this, Karen. Your crow just looks like he was meant to roost on Rebekah's speckled bead and your textured beads look amazing with Rebekah's CoM piece. I think you must have been consulting with the wise crow, as every part of this- the color scheme, to the batik accent ribbon- are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design Karen - I love the warm strong colours and the rustic style. Your beads are as always beautiful (I nearly used one of your crows in my dsign) and compliment Rebekah's bead perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crow is perfectly placed amongst Rebekah's and your beads - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Karen, love the matching bead set you made, and the boho style is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. L-O-V-E!!!!! Just perfect Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful, I love the warmth of the colors! The crow is such a great idea and perfectly matches Rebekah's bead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am blown away! I love everything about this necklace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beads you've made to compliment Rebekah's! It all works together perfectly, it's a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love what you made, and your beads too! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made your own beads! That is so fab. They are a lovely partnership with Rebekah's! dimples echoing dots... I love Crow, and crow symbolism. This really is speaking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great necklace! It so suits your style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this necklace! The colors are fabulous and the crow and the fabric and the beads you made! It all just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Karen, I absolutely love this!! Texture, rich, earthy colors, pretty fabric, AND a crow (crows are one of my favorite birds)—it doesn't get any better than that. Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, Karen! I love the beads you created to compliment Rebekah's bead, and your crow element just completes it all. The batik is perfect, love the splash of color and how it picks up the reds in your two beads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful!!! I love your sense of color. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete